Welcome to Tele Dental Exam
Who we are:
Tele Dental Exam is a service that allows you to get a quality dental assessment without leaving the convenience of your office or home.
What to do:
- Go online to a secure portal and fill out 3 forms.
- We will call you to schedule an appointment.
- We will come to you to take X-rays and photos of your mouth.
- Within 72 hours you will receive a preliminary limited treatment plan.
- You then call us to get your dental needs taken care of.
How it works:
- Go online to our secure portal and fill out 4 forms, including the $89 fee for the service.
- One of our representatives (within 48 business hours of receiving your information), will call you to schedule a 30-minute appointment.
- If you don’t have insurance or your plan has certain limitation, then there will be additional fees/charges. The following codes will be used:
- D0140 Limited Exam ($105)
- D0274 Bitewings ($76)
- D0220 & D0230 PA’s ($28)
- You will need to use our secure portal to make that payment to keep your appointment. See “Cancellations” below.
- A licensed dental assistant will come to your office or home and will obtain the same x-rays and intra-oral photos that are taken at your local dental office. Currently, due to heavy traffic conditions, our current hours available are from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM M-F. We will do our best to keep to your desired schedule.
- That information, within 72 business hours, will then be read by a local, licensed dentist and a preliminary treatment plan of any needed dental work will be emailed to you, along with the approximate cost of the treatment using your insurance company’s dental plan fee schedule. We do NOT accept HMO’s, Medicare, Medicaid and other discount plans.
Your next step:
If you are interested in getting a comprehensive exam and treatment, then give us a call and we will have a local dental office partner communicate with you. All of your gathered information (medical history, insurance, x-rays, photos, limited exam) will be securely sent to them. They will provide a comprehensive diagnosis, take a Panoramic X-ray, discuss your dental needs and desires, provide a final treatment plan and proceed with your specific needed or desired dental treatment.
Currently all comprehensive exams and actual dental treatment will be conducted in a downtown DC dental office and as we grow, we will be able to offer services into other local jurisdictions.
If you are interested in choosing a specific dental office (outside of our partners) for your treatment, then the prices on your preliminary limited treatment plan may be different, as well as the insurance carriers they accept.
++ Your ins co may not authorize payment directly to us. In those cases we will let you know and those fees would need to be collected prior to your appointment.
In the event we are unable to make it to your appointment on your desired day due to an issue on our end, we will credit your payments toward dental treatment.
In the event of an issue outside of our control: snow, gov’t shut down, protest rally, metro fire, inauguration, foreign dignitary and secret service blocking access, etc… then we will contact you as soon as possible to schedule another day.
In the event that you cancel within 48 business hours of your appointment time, or when we get there, you are unavailable for your 30 minute time slot, then you will forfeit your initial $89 fee.
In the event that your insurance company does not provide full payment, then you will be responsible. Payments will need to be made 30 days from your insurance company’s initial denial. We will communicate with you and payment should be made online via the same secure portal used initially.
Thank you for using and trusting Tele Dental Exam.